Advice and Tips
- How to give your cat a pill
- How to give your dog a pill
- How to clean and administer medication to your cat’s ear
- How to clean and administer medication to your dog’s ear
- 4 cups of water boiled for 5 minutes, cooled down
- 1 tbsp javex
Can be used to clean wounds.
Avoid eye contact.
Replacement Milk for Kittens and Puppies
- 1 cup of Carnation milk (or milk 3,25%)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp corn syrup
Sprayed by a Skunk?
- 4 cups hydrogen peroxide 3%
- ¼ cup baking soda
- 1 tsp dish soap
- Wet coat and work into a lather.
- Rinse well.
- Avoid eye contact.
What not to do….
- Never give acetaminophen (Tylenol), ibuprofen (Advil) or aspirin to an animal.
- Never put alcohol on a wound
- Never apply Polysporin on a cat
When and How to Induce Vomiting?
Do only when your pet is conscious and alert.
Do not induce vomiting if your animal ingested alcalines or strong acids or oil by-products. In such case, you can give milk or a raw egg yolk and consult your veterinarian immediately.
Recipe : Hydrogen peroxide 3% : 1 tbsp per 15 pound of weight, given orally.